A unique combination of capacity and high quality people.
The Hovione Cork site was acquired from Pfizer in 2009. The focus of this plant is Contract Manufacturing offering both drug substance and particle engineering. The plant has been regularly inspected by the FDA and the Health Products Regulatory Authority (formely IMB).
“Hovione Cork is unique, it combines hard to find capacity and quality people”
US Biotech, West Coast
The site has extensive facilities for drug substance manufacturing with approximately 430 cubic meters of state of the art cGMP capacity and the potential for 12 discrete process trains. The site houses the largest commercial pharmaceutical spray dryer available on the market, a Niro PSD-5, that is particularly suited for large volume products.
Areas of Focused Expertise
The site has leading capabilities and physical assets in the following areas:
- Cryogenic (Volume 8000L to 10,000L, Temperature Range -150 to 120ºC)
- Hydrogenation (Volume 2500L to 6000L, Pressure Rating 6 to 12 bar)
- Large scale spray drying (PSD5)
- Pyrophoric compound handling (2 stations)
For details about production equipment – click here
- The Cork plant operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Quality Control labs supports production 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Plant maintenance shutdown period takes place for 2 to 3 weeks in August.
In 2019 Hovione celebrated its 10th anniversary at the Cork site in Ireland. Learn more.
Manufacturing Chemist, 3 May 2023
Outsourced Pharma, April 2023
Hovione Holding Asia Limited
Aubin House, 11th Floor
171-172 Gloucester Road
Hong Kong SAR
Tel.: +852 2891 1836
Fax: +852 2891 0943
Hovione Holding Limited
C/o WeWork, 2nd floor,
Oberoi Commerz - II, 1,
Off Western Express Highway,
Oberoi Garden City, Goregaon East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400063
Tel.: +919 004 261 523
Hovione Holding AG