Giving back to community
Today we are celebrating another anniversary, our 62nd.
Hovione was established in Portugal in 1959 by Ivan Villax with his wife, Diane Villax, and two other Hungarian refugees: Nicholas de Horthy and Andrew Onody, the first two letters of the three founders’ names: HO, VI and ON were used to create the name Hovione.
Working initially out of the basement of the Villax family home in Lisbon, success soon followed.
Today, we have a global footprint, employing over 2,000 people of 34 nationalities, working in 9 locations from 3 continents. Hovione remains a privately-owned, family business.