Press Room

Press Release / Jun 27, 2008

Hovione’s sales grow 11%

Sales reach USD 103.7 million for the fiscal year ended March 31st 2008.

Loures, Portugal, June 27th, 2008 - Hovione announced today that the consolidated sales for the fiscal year ended March 31st 2008 amounted to USD103.7m, representing a growth of 11% over the previous year.

This is Hovione’s first year beyond the USD 100 million mark. This sales increase reflects the drug approvals by our customers both in the Innovator as well as the Generic segment. Hovione’s offering also includes the fast growing particle design and inhalation formulation services. All of our 4 businesses have a growth outlook and present synergies between them.

In 2007 Hovione invested significant amounts in particle design technologies, in new production lines and in the constant upgrade of our facilities worldwide. We have concluded the acquisition of a 75% stake in the share capital of Zhejiang Taizhou Hisyn Pharmaceuticals Co, Limited (Hisyn) in December 2007 and Hovione retains the right to acquire the remaining 25% at a future date. Hisyn provides us with an excellent opportunity to leverage our 25 years of operations in Hong Kong and Macau, and positions Hovione ideally for a low cost, high volume strategy in contrast agents.

“Despite the negative economic environment, we face 2008 with optimism. In 2005 we set a goal to be selling $150m by 2010 with all the sales increase driven by organic growth. I expect us to be ahead of target this coming year.” adds Guy Villax, Chief Executive.


About Hovione
Hovione is an international group specializing in the development and compliant manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, serving exclusively the pharmaceutical industry. With a 50-year track record, Hovione offers advanced technologies as well as APIs for all drug delivery systems, from oral to injectable and from inhalation to topical applications. With FDA inspected plants in Europe, the Far East and the US, Hovione is committed to the highest levels of service and quality. Specializing in complex chemistry and in particle engineering, Hovione offers all services related to the development, manufacture and pre-formulation of both new chemical entities (NCEs) and existing APIs for off-patent products.

Also in the Press Room

News / Apr 20, 2018

2018 Ivan Villax Day

Team-members across all sites went back to the community and ensured that they had a significant positive impact