Poster / Apr 25, 2017
On the use of Differential Scanning Fluorimetry to Assess the Impact of Spray Drying on Superoxide Dismutase for Dry Powder Inhaler Formulations
RDD Europe 2017
- When spray drying a biopharmaceutical(BP), its integrity should be maintained upon processing.
- The integrity of a biopharmaceutical can be determined by monitoring its conformational stability through its melting Temperature (Tm) shift.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) are two analytical techniques usually employed to determine Tm
- these require large sample volumes at high concentrations
- are time-consuming
Differential Scanning Fluorimetry might be an alternative
- allows simultaneous screening of more than one sample;
- at low concentration requirements.
Convenient when dealing with expensive molecules such as biopharmaceuticals!